1st Semester Reflection

Quality of Work:

      I believe that the quality of my work reflects my best effort. I think the contrast, composition, and focus on my actual images are well done. Over the course of the year, I have gotten better at creating contrast within my photos through texture, color, size, and exposure, and at establishing a focal point for viewers to gravitate towards. Regarding composition, I have gotten better at composing the factors of an image; however, I could benefit from improving these skills to make my images the best that they can be. For most of my images, the subject matter has been successful in getting my point across to viewers. On the other hand, I have had a few projects in which my subject matter could have been better, both to express more emotion and to meet the project requirements. I fulfill each assignment the best that I can based on my previous knowledge of photoshop and the information that I can find on the internet. If I cannot find what I need on the internet, I will usually try my hardest to create what I'm envisioning based on my knowledge of photoshop so far. As far as paying attention to the objective of the assignment, I always try to take the project further and make sure to have the correct dimensions and resolution in my projects. In addition, I always get my projects done before the due date and think about how to improve on my original ideas for every project.

Effort:

      When I have a project to do, I am always actively looking for a photo opportunity wherever I go. If there is something that I see when I'm out and about that fits the criteria for a project that is due, I will take a picture of it. However, if I do not see any convenient photo opportunities, I will usually search for what I need, no matter how inconvenient the location or subject is. For most of my projects, I shot more than what was required, and always aimed to use photographic ideas that were considered more difficult because I like to challenge myself. If a shot is hard to get, I never give up and I believe that I am always taking risks and coming up with creative ideas, despite the ideas sometimes not working out how I planned. When looking at other people's work, I always look for different techniques in their projects that I can use to better my work. I love to see other people's interpretations of a project and to see their creativity. Regarding my own projects, I am usually proud of the end result but I am always aware of the things that I could improve on.

Participation:

      I am always on time for class and prepared to work on my projects. I usually work throughout the whole block if I have a project due. When I have finished a project and have nothing to do, I help my partner with her project or do unfinished school work. When working on a project, I plan out how I will do it in order to make sure that I get it done on time. This plan includes always staying on task and using my class time productively.

Improvement:

      At this point, I am not sure who I am as a photographer as I just started using photoshop and photography at the beginning of this year. I could improve technically by working on my photoshop skills and learning more tools to use on my projects. I believe with what I've learned to do, the composition of my photos is fairly good, however, I would like to work on incorporating more elements and improving on the overall creation of a project. I feel pretty confident about my work when I turn it in, however, if a project was my more my style, I would probably feel more confident. I can always improve on concepts and work on displaying more emotion in each photograph by producing more compelling images.

Adjustment:

      In the second semester, I hope to improve my photoshop skills and learn more about photography. I want to be able to come up with stronger ideas and continue to put all of my effort into my projects. I am looking forward to being able to further express my creativity and compose more advanced images.

Suggestions:

      I think that it would be really cool to do a project based on human emotion (taking portraits/candid photos of a person to portray a feeling). I also think that it would be fun to do a stop-motion project or a project involving the use of landscape photos.








Comments